Friday, January 21, 2011

Couldn't Take it Anymore

I did it, during my 3rd hour prep on Thursday I decided that I have to change my 3 Algebra classes to SBG as well. I was grading some homework that the kids did an atrocious job on and that was it. I realized that I didn't know what they know and that they didn't either. Everything feels like punishment.

I don't know if my Geometry students like this new method of grading but they do see it as more meaningful and I have had about 5 kids come in for reassessment. This is a strange group, many of them do not know their Algebra and they are terrible at anything involving fractions. In fact, I gave them the same problems I gave my Algebra students and half of them could not do all 3 problems.

I'm feeling like my Algebra kids are smarter than my Geometry kids (the advanced class).

Anyway, my students were receptive to the new methods, they liked the "no tests" part and they liked that they will have less homework (unless they need it).

This is a lame blog, oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment